- Timezone: Europe/Paris
- Date: Sep 17 2023
- Time: 12:30 am - 4:30 am
- 6km Time Trials West Lakes Paddle Sports
- Sep 30 2023
- 8:00 am - 10:00 am
- Sep 17 2023
- 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Brother Howard Memorial (Doubles State Champs)
Thanks to everyone who competed in and assisted with the Brother Howard Memorial Race today on the Port River in Port Adelaide. Conditions were fine, sunny and warm, with a slight breeze for the first couple of laps, which moderated to near calm conditions by the end of the race.
Congratulations to our State Doubles Titles winners:
- U18 K2 Women – Aleisha Burrows and Madi Barnett
- V45 TK2 Women – Amy Barnett and Jo Kneebone
- V35 K2 Men – Dale Thomson and Marc Brehin.
Below are the full race results:
More information and registration at: Brother Howard Memorial (Doubles State Champs) – Paddle South Australia (paddlesa.au)
The Brother Howard Memorial Race will be held on the Inner Harbour in Port Adelaide (Port River) on Sunday the 17th September.
Registration will be 8am for a 9am first start.
To qualify to win the championship for your age division and boat class (ie. the Brother Howard Championship), then you must complete the number of laps and portages listed in the championship schedule.
Additionally, all 2-seater boats that compete in a championship course will be eligible to win the PSA State Marathon Doubles Title. Medals will be awarded to first, second and third placegetters in a specific age, gender and boat class (including mixed gender categories).
There are also non-championship short course options as listed in the attached short course schedule.
Some other important points to note are:
- All competitors of age 13 or below must wear a compliant PFD (Life Jacket)
- All competitors of age 14 to 16 are exempt from wearing a PFD, if they have written parental consent and are capable of comfortably swimming 50m (consent forms will be available at the registration desk).
- The course is on part of the Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary and boats must not purposely approach within 50m of a dolphin.
- The parking area is shown on the course map by the red circled “P”.
- Entry fees are $20 with families capped at $30.
- Non-PSA members will be required to pay an additional $10.